Monday, August 11, 2008

For a Special Friend


I made this card for a special friend. Well, she is really my mother's friend and I am good friends with her daughter and son. The "mom's" met at church when we were all toddlers and the rest is history. We would swim together in the summer, sled in the winter and created alot of traditions. Now that we kids are *cough* adults, we still get together, just not as often.


We live about 3 hours from one another, not so far away, but just far enough that with our own hectic lives it is hard to see each other on a whim.


Anyway, my mom's friend kindly let me and my family stay overnight with her so my husband and I could go to my 20 year class reunion...yes, 20 years. I can't believe it. This might have to be another post. Back to the card, she had a nice dinner ready for us when we arrived and even kept my two kids while we enjoyed the evening. It is kind of funny because her son was in my class, but he didn't even come.....everyone got a kick out of the story.


We had a great weekend, it was also my birthday, remembering great times!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Fantastic card Leanne!!! I LOVE the colors and this bella stamp!!